Corporate Innovation Symposium
1 St Katharine's Way, St Katharine's & Wapping, London E1W 1YL
Andrew will be delivering a keynote at the Corporate Innovation Symposium on IBM’s Watson Developer program as well as his move from 12 years of startups to IBM late last year.
The Corporate Innovation Symposium is a global one day conference to be held in 5 cities dedicated to help demystify Corporate venture capital to Startups developing and maintaining relationships between the corporate investor and fast growing startups. The focus of this event is to provide both parties with actionalble information,practical strategies and shared best practices for mutual success.
Corporate venturing is pioneering new ways to collaborate with fast growth businesses and with traditional #VCs.
We will focus on highlighting innovation taking place in various big companies and help to form strategic alliances between the corporate and startups ecosystem.
Lets’s face it innovation within large corporations is often slow and ineffective or very expensive. Management of this process is usually driven by short-term goals and influenced by internal politics.
- In contrast, most startups are not burdened by these problems and are characterised by their speed and innovation.
- Startups would usually only propose projects to large companies for their approval and very rarely execute on live, budget-approved innovation projects.
- Startups are mostly exposed to networking opportunities but not deal-making opportunities.
For Startups, the symposium will help you
- Learn from start-ups that have taken corporate venture capital
- How to discover and approach corporate venture groups
- Understand what corporate investment groups look for.
- How to attract corporate investment into your start-ups
For Corporate Venture Funds, The Symposium will help you
- Identify tomorrow’s next best opportunities
- Understand what start-ups want from you
- Execute effectively and attract the best talent
- Case studies in successful partnerships,what worked and why.