The Practical Futurist Podcast Episode 3
In Episode 3 we speak with James Poulter about the opportunities for voice with consumers and B2B.
Listen to all Podcast episodes on the Podcast page with links to listen or subscribe via your favourite podcast platform. For more information on James and a full transcript of the episode, head to the Episode 3 page.
In this show we covered a range of topics including:
- Why James started podcasting back in 2007
- Key learnings from being an early podcaster
- How the next generation will interact with computers using voice
- How smart speakers will drive the growth of all voice services
- Is there a voice “killer app” yet?
- What will Google Duplex do for voice?
- Building empathy into voice services
- The science of voice phrasing for success
- The notion of a “brand tone of voice”
- Predictions for voice in the next 18 months?
- The possibility for dedicated voice departments
- Ambient listening – what is it and what are the implications?
- How voice is growing thanks to “screen fatigue”
- The rise of voice + AR
- Voice in the enterprise
- Privacy vs utility – crossing the “privacy chasm”
- Three things listeners can do next week to experiment with voice
- Offer of a free Amazon Echo to the first listener to contact James @JamesPoulter with the hashtag #practicalfuturistpodcast