The Practical Futurist Podcast Episode 4
Add to Calendar
01/07/2019 @ 10:00 – 11:00 Europe/London Timezone
We discussed a range of topics relevant to companies of any size including:
- The culture at Atlassian
- Place, products, purpose, people
- When AI evolves, what will we be doing?
- Unlearning old ways of working
- Why Dom hates business cases
- How can you “unlearn”?
- The 4 “L’s”
– Longed for
- Example of the 4L’s in practice
- Declining every meeting
- Staying up to date with latest trends
- The Atlassian scale-up story
- What would you do differently?
- How do you hire people before you need them?
- The best advice Dom ever received
- Getting better not bigger
- Creating company values
- The values interview
- Recognising excellence against values
- What makes the Australian Tech market unique?
- Learning a 2nd language – coding
- The hiring challenge in Australia
- Importing talent to amplify local talent
- Success through diversity
- You’re not going to be the next Netflix of …
- Attracting talent beyond free lunches & ping-pong tables
- Hiring for values
- The secret sauce of Atlassian
- How to win the global war on talent
- Running a tech camp
You can read all the show notes on the Episode page.