The Practical Futurist Podcast Episode 8
In Episode 8 we speak with Dr. Lynn Gribble, who is one of Australia’s founding coaches, an accidental academic and an award-winning author and university lecturer.
She’s known as a digital innovator for her work in technology enabled academia and she calls herself a “pragmatic futurist coach”. She also helps people to “future proof” their careers in an ever-evolving workplace.
We spoke with Lynn from Sydney, Australia where she lives and works.
We discussed a range of topics relevant to companies of any size including:
- The future of work is about relationships
- Do people want to be managed in the digital age?
- Managing the circumstances not the people
- Soft vs disciplinary skills
- We need people to connect people
- What we can’t teach AI to do is make a human connection
- People are the only truly sustainable competitive advantage
- What is the future of work?
- People need to be agile and take ownership of their skills development
- Flexibility is the key in the gig economy
- The serviced office of the future
- The one piece of technology that will drive fundamental change
- The digital agent
- Home robots are the hardest workers
- The receptionist of the future
- The stigma of retrenchment
- Managing Millennials
- What ice skating can teach you
- What organisations get wrong
- If you punish risk you will get no innovation
- Are we addressing ethics in business?
- The link between risk and ethics
- What 3 things can you do next week?
- 1. Build relationships not networks
- 2. Take a small risk & do something new
- 3. How can I be kinder & more connected to colleagues?
More information and show notes can be found on the episode page.