The Trade Horizons Roadshow – Cornwall
The future of cross-border trade for your business
The Trade Horizons Roadshow is coming to Bristol, Exeter, Swindon and Cornwall in June and July to provide local businesses with the advice and tools needed to prepare for Brexit and to take advantage of future international sales opportunities.
Practical Futurist Andrew Andrew Grill delivered an inspirational keynote to small businesses in Cornwall to help them make the most of trade opportunities post-Brexit. He also gave an overview of current and predicted global trends, emerging markets, and the positive impact of ‘disruption’ in a digital age.
Andrew was joined on stage by Beer52 and SuperJam Founder, Fraser Doherty who will share his export story and provide practical insight on how his businesses are preparing for Brexit, and David Pothecary, who will focus on life outside the European Union and explain the customs implications that may affect your business.
The conference also heard from Brexit strategist, Katrina McWhinnie who will presented her views on why Brexit is an opportunity that needs to be seized.
09:30 – Arrival and networking
10:00 – The morning will consist of 4 keynote speakers:
• Leading UK brand Beer52 and SuperJam Founder Fraser Doherty will share his export story and provide practical insight on how his businesses are preparing for Brexit and navigating the potential pitfalls of this new trade environment.
• Brexit Expert David Pothecary will provide helpful updates and tips on how your business can best prepare for life outside the European Union and explain customs implications that may affect your business.
• Practical Futurist, Andrew Grill will give an overview of current and predicted global trends, emerging markets, and the impact of ‘disruption’ in a digital age which will present important opportunities for growth in international trade.
• Brexit Strategist, Katrina McWhinnie will present her views on why Brexit is an opportunity that needs to be seized and how businesses can prepare for change.
13:30 – Networking Lunch and the opportunity to browse the Match-Making Expo area and meet local service providers who can help with all aspects of overseas trade.
14:15 – 17:00: Choose the right Export Advice Zones for your business and access a wide range of free support tailored to you.
1. Export Essentials Zone – a series of 30 min drop-in slots for companies who are considering exporting for the first time, providing guidance on how to get started and grow your exports.
2. Extend your Global Reach Zone -a series of 45 min drop-in slots focussing on more technical/advanced subjects for those already exporting who want to increase their export activity into new markets, including accessing complex high-growth markets outside of the EU.
3. Meet the Expert Zone – Private consultations with a leading expert, such as Brexit Health Check, IP advice, Business Pitch Coaching. These consultations must be booked in advance, once you are registered to attend the main event details about these sessions will be provided for booking.